Salvage update

Options
2»

Comments

• Steve1961
    Steve1961 Member Posts: 536 Member
    edited April 9 #22
    Options

step two complete catheter is out was very nervous. The first night in I woke up this morning about 90% dry went to the bathroom like I normally do I feel very blessed. I was worried I was gonna be totally incontinent but like everybody says when I cough I can feel myself leaking, but whatever has not a big deal also developed a little bacteria virus thing in my lungs and looks like I have a bit of a urinary track infection like I said no big deal now I just pray for a good pathology report

• jc5549
    jc5549 Member Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Glad to hear you are meeting milestones in fine style. Hope the infections clear.

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Radiation causes extensive changes in the morphology of prostate (cancer) cells:

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1611836-overview#a2

• Steve1961
    edited April 11 #25
    Options

what are you saying don’t want to read anything negative OK andlooked at it I can’t make heads or tails of it. I’m just going to go for my routine PSA test and hope it stays below 0.1 for ever. It’s all I can do.

• Steve1961
    Options

waiting to talk to my surgeon hopefully tomorrow or Friday and get my pathology report so this is a dumb question I guess I’m not totally incontinent. I wake up in the morning dry as a bone I get right up and I go and urinate but during the day, I am using three super absorbent pads.

• VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,664 Member
    Options

Hi,

A little late for the party but I want to send you my Congratulations.

I hope that from now on things get better and you can pursue a happy life.

Yes let those laughs 😃 come out and enjoy.

Best wishes

VG

• Steve1961
    Options

thank you as we speak I just got a call from my Blessed surgeon at UCLA. Nothing to report as far as the pathology report is concerned a little bit bigger than the anticipated mostly Gleason 4 some Gleason 3 totally encapsulated in the prostate

• Steve1961
    Options

time to celebrate just got the call from my Blessed surgeon at UCLA. Pathology report is outstanding. Nothing to worry about little bigger than they thought. About 2.5 centimeters Mostly Gleason 4 a little Gleason 3 totally encapsulated in the prostate now just hope for the best will be starting pelvic floor therapy soon I can’t complain. I can’t look back. It is what it is. I got a second chance and I took it.

• jc5549
    jc5549 Member Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Congratulations, wonderful news

• neilm
    neilm Member Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Great news Steve! I have watched your messages for a long time and this one is the best! BTW who was your surgeon?

• Steve1961
    Options
  • Steve1961
    Options
  • Steve1961
    edited April 12 #34
    Options

well they signed me up for pelvic floor therapy ..anyone ever done this ..o hope the nurses are good looking could take care of two things at once lol

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Pelvic floor therapy is just a fancy name for doing proper Kegel exercises; maybe a bit more…

• lesjanes
    lesjanes Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Since I was recently diagnosed early PC , I have found this forum. Thanks for your story and your updates. Best wishes on the pathology report.

• Steve1961
    edited April 14 #37
    Options

another good thing has come out of this is thatbafter radiation treatments. I had a pretty severe restriction. I had to take Flomax every night before I went to bed. Otherwise I was hardly able to urinate. But I noticed at the same time I started taking that I developed bowel problems. Extremely loose stool for the morning so about a year after radiation I decided to go get that checked doctor didnt think it was from the radiation but it was a possibility so ran These test said I was sucrose intolerant. Wanted me to take medication every single time I ate and it was a liquid form need to be refrigerated and very expensive wo i said i will deal with loose stools ..Well long story short no need for Flomax anymore. No restriction and guess what bowels are back to normal and i was right the whole time I had a feeling it was the flomax ..hmmmmm doctors sometimes