D day is coming ..

Options
Steve1961
Steve1961 Member Posts: 519 Member
edited April 1 in Prostate Cancer #1

Got to admit, starting to get nervous if I come out of this with having no detectable cancer it’ll be a miracle. I don’t think I’ve heard anybody on this board have a reoccurrence that is Gleason eight crib form and get treated nine months later like I said it’ll be a miracle, but Monday, April 1 I will be having salvage surgery, so many things going through my head will i wake up? If I wake up will they say surgery was successful or will they say they had to stop because a lymph node was infected because they could not separate the prostrate from the rectum the only good thing I have is that hopefully everything’s the same as it was almost 9 months ago my PSA went from 0.9 to 1.9 in those nine months and now the last nine months since back in july lol after two CAT scans MRI another scan a biopsy and about six different doctor visits. Unbelievable it shouldn’t be this hard anyway Since july my PSA had dropped down to 1.6 but went back up to now 2.2. I keep telling myself this is still very low. He still have a good chance of beating this. I hope I’m right. Wish me luck will stay in touch

Comments

• On_A_Journey
    On_A_Journey Member Posts: 99 Member
    Options

@Steve1961, of course we all wish you luck! I hope the bandit is dealt with for good!

You have made the right decision and you'll get through it far better than you think you will. You will wake up, recuperate, and in a few months time you will wonder what all the fuss was about.

Go get 'em, tiger!

• jc5549
    jc5549 Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Good luck to you my friend. We are with you in spirit and will be here to chat with after you go through it.

jc

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

Hi,

Good luck Steve, it sounds like you have done your homework on the best treatment path. Hope you will have a long period of undetectable or very low stable readings.

Dave 3+4

• swl1956
    swl1956 Member Posts: 85 Member
    Options

Stay strong Steve, I wish you the best of luck. Keep us posted.

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options

Yes, we all hope this surgery will turn out well in the short and long run.

I hope you have taken care of all the issues that crop up after surgery. Easy chair, how to deal with the catheter and urine container, diapers, digestion issues, Kegel exercises, pain killers, etc.

• neilm
    neilm Member Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Steve,

I have seen many of your comments on this site assisting others, thank you for that. You have your plan together and I believe you are going to win this . You will be in my prayers and please keep us posted my friend.

Neil

• Steve1961
    Steve1961 Member Posts: 519 Member
    Options

Thanks for all the well wishes i will be in touch

• centralPA
    centralPA Member Posts: 243 Member
    Options

thinking of you, @Steve1961

Sending strength! 💪

• pmella
    pmella Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Steve,

May God's blessings be with you for a successful surgery and full recovery. Be strong in mind and spirit.

Phil