post liver resection treatment

Options
captjac1211_gmail
captjac1211_gmail Member Posts: 2 Member

Im 72 years old. On 12/2022 I has colonoscopy and CT scan was diagnosed with isolated colon cancer. A 9" section of my lower colon was removed on 1/23. After the surgery, my oncologist told me "I was cancer free" (no treatment) and come see him in a year. I noticed on the pathologist report I also had a small (1.2 cm) mark on my liver. On 11/23 I had a MRI and the mark has grown to 4.3 cm. My oncologist became concerned and the lesion was removed (resection) Im 2/19/24. It appears it's the same and cancer (colon and liver). Question: Do I need chemotherapy treatment or could I simply monitor my blood, MRI's and CT scans

Comments

• hessay
    hessay Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Im only 46 but I had a 6cm colon growth reduced to nothing via chemo. I also have lesions in my liver still working on, but I am pretty sure I'm on chemo another 6-12 months and that is the right move. It all sucks, but stick to that piece.

• captjac1211_gmail
    captjac1211_gmail Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Thanks for your feedback and support. I wish you the best with your chemo. What is chemo like? symptoms? routines? I understand there are many different medicines. What are you prescribed?

• hessay
    Options

Right now still on something called FU! Proper name. I started on more aggressive stuff, and that stuff was the full hair loss, weight loss, rip you down a few levels medicine. Last 5 months have just been the FU pump and worst is just general diarrhea nausea feel like garbage stuff. Way better than the first batch. Expect to generally hate everything and my best advice is to sleep when you are tired, eat everything when you are hungry, get every craving you have even when silly, and then if you are awake just be awake. Don't fight anything just lean into what your body tells you. Best of luck, I stared at stage IVB and it's not a death sentence unless you buy into BS.

• hessay
    Options

Sorry, pattern is one week on chemo, one week off, for me. I go in again tomorrow, on an IV for a few hours then a pump hooked up to take home for 48 hrs. Return to have the pump removed. It's really weird to sleep at first but after a while you get used to having the pump hooked up. Not that bad in the big scope of things