Did your nodules hurt?

Options
AoifeLeighton13
AoifeLeighton13 Member Posts: 1 *
edited March 22 in Thyroid Cancer #1

Id be really grateful for thoughts on this please. I'm awaiting surgery on a nodule that's suspicious for follicular cancer but obviously as we know, they can't be certain until its taken out. What i want to know is, has anyone had a painful nodule that can be really sore consistently (8 months now), radiating up behind their ear and giving you a sore throat and it still come back as benign after surgery?

Or does pain usually mean cancer?

Comments

• big G
    big G Member Posts: 176 Member
    Options

I had no symptoms. The only way mine were found was my TSH started rising in my Labs. My endo ordered an Ultra sound and discovered them.

• Miles' mom
    Miles' mom Member Posts: 36 Member
    Options

My neck is always sore. My shoulder has been misaligned and always hurts too.

This is after 3 surgeries though. For PTC. As for before? No--I don't recall any suspicious pain.

I don't think pain always equals cancer. But ask your team of doctors. Go to your appts loaded with your questions, no matter how silly/insignificant you think they are. First of all they are neither. And second, a good doctor will patiently listen to and answer all of them.

Good luck :}