Lenvima dosage

Options
Susanms
Susanms Member Posts: 5 Member
edited April 19 in Kidney Cancer #1

Hello all! I've been on Lenvima 18mg since Oct. 2023 for stage 4 renal cancer. I've had 2 surgeries where I had to stop the medicine for approx. 3 weeks. Cancer grew during those times. Once back on Lenvima it knocked it back some. My question is, has anyone reduced their dosage (ex. 18mg to 14mg) and continued to have the same positive results?

Thanks,

SMS

Comments

• scabledog
    scabledog Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Yes I have. I started with 14mg daily but the side effects were pretty tough. Had good results then they alternated the dosage with 14mg one day and 10mg the next. Still had some issues with mouth sores and digestive issues so we now went to 10mg daily. Still have some issues, but way more tolerable. I have scans in a few weeks to see if things are still stable so will decide then if we stay with 10mg or go back up. I too had a few surgeries and stopped the pill for a week at a time but I started right back up and did not have any change in my progress. FYI I also take Keytruda infusions every three weeks as well in combination with the Lenvima.

• Susanms
    Susanms Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. I hope goes well with your scans. Please let me know if you want to share.

SMS

• rcole
    rcole Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

hi i was on Linvamia 18mg had to stop for about a week do to blood pressure my doctor put make on but at 8mg a day bp is still up a litter but some of the side effects are better have a CT scan at the end of the month to see if anything is growing i let you know what happens

• scabledog
    scabledog Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Well had my scans on the 11th and I was shocked but happy that they can no longer see any tumors. I guess that is what we call NED… yes!! I went from four 1.5cm lung nodules with what they called "numerous" 1-3mm nodules scattered throughout my lungs to nothing a year later. Now I'm not fooled here because kidney cancer is not the type to ever go away…. So the doctor says I will continue treatment for another year and we'll go from there. They also want me to get into a ctDNA trial where they use DNA samples of your tumor to detect activuty in the blood before tumors form. Sounds kind of cool… they say this may just be the next breakthrough in cancer treatment. Guess time will tell.