I need reassurance, but I don't deserve it

Options
hessay
hessay Member Posts: 7 Member
edited March 7 in Liver Cancer #1

Hello all. I have been on chemo for 12 months and I am about to beat it.

I feel awful about it, and I don't know how to feel.

I still have two tumors in my liver , and one more chemo trip before I get to know if I've beat it.

I feel SO guilty I might beat it. My father died from colon cancer. My wife's father died of cancer and I can't remember which one.

I feel like a fraud and I really need to hear stories about how chemo side effects will play out. I have broad neuropathy and my hands and feet are garbage.

Does that change over time?

Will I ever feel normal again?

I called the help line and this is where I am. Thank you and I'm sorry. Please share anything you might know.

Comments

• rcole
    rcole Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

hi hessay i have kidney cancer ,had a kidney removed a little over two years ago i have two tumors in me yet one on my liver and one where my kidney was sometimes i have the same feeling you have ,my father passed away from cancer two months before i was diagnosed with cancer , i take meds every day i was told my cancer may never go away ,my feet hurt with every step i take ,about feeling normal again cant help you much there because i dont ,if you go over to the chatroom here between 10 and 11 pm est there is a lot of us there thst can help you ,good luck and hope to hear from you soon

• hessay
    hessay Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Thank you. Had a CT two weeks ago, and only the liver left to go. Still all the weird from numb toes and hands and I wish that to go away :)