Food and fluid residue coming out of the nose

Options
ali90h7
ali90h7 Member Posts: 24 Member
edited March 5 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Hello all,

Four months later, I was two years old when I had a total laryngectomy, and swallowing food during this period went through some fluctuating stages.

But these days I have noticed a new condition, which is that when I swallow food (soft food with liquids), I feel it rising into the nasal cavity. For example, yesterday I ate a biscuit with milk, so I swallowed a small bite, and seconds later I felt milk coming out of my left nostril, and when I rinse my nose Using the nasal lotion pump, mucus, food debris, and milk are removed.

This is something I've never had before,

Do I find people here who have suffered from this thing?

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

Yes, Ali, I do at times blow my nose and sometimes there is a food particle in there but not a lot. I am sure there are people on here that have this situation in varying degrees, hopefully, you will get some more people chiming in on it here.

Wishing You The Best

Take Care, God Bless

Russ

• Mavish
    Mavish Member Posts: 84 Member
    Options

I dont have it but I was told by an oral surgeon, it is a possibility for me due to osteoradionecrosis. Basically, due to bone lost a hole between mouth and maxillary sinus might be formed. I was also told that if it happes, there is a surgical treatment.

You may want to see an oral surgeon.