Conjuctival Malignant melanoma

Options
krierc
krierc Member Posts: 1 Member
edited March 5 in Rare and Other Cancers #1

My name is Carrie, I was diagnosed with a very rare form of eye cancer about 2 years ago called , conjuctival malignant melanoma. It makes up about 2% of all eye tumors . To find people with with this type of cancer has been very difficult , to say the least. To find a Dr. To treat it in AZ. has been near to impossible. I had a pretty large tumor initially with severe atypia and metastic cells. That basically means I'm at high risk for recurrence and potentially for the cancer to metastisize.  4 months after being diagnosed it did come back. I had my 2nd surgery. I started immunotherapy after the 1st surgery but stopped after 4 months due to terrible side effects AND the cancer came back. It's been a year 1/2 since my recurrence, I have a lesion on my eye again but no sign of cancer still . All of my scans have come back clear so far, thank God! Lots of pain in my , severe dry eye and cataracts now but no cancer at the moment so thankful for that !! This is my left eye BTW. I now have double & quadruple vision, depending on which way I'm looking. Very frustrating! As with any cancer , this is very scary . I would love to connect with someone who has the same or similar cancer as I have. Please reach out if you do . Although I'd be happy to talk to any of you of course 🙂 we'll need support!