2 year update

Options
hopefulCindy
hopefulCindy Member Posts: 12 Member

It's been 2 years since my last radiation treatment for Endometrial Cancer stage IIIa. I highly recommend probiotics with many different strains to help get stools back to normal. I had severe diarrhea on and off for a little over 1 year before I did this. I'm totally back to normal and can eat normal food again without issues. It took about 1 year to get all my energy back, but it came back. There is light at the end of this tunnel. The probiotics were a game changer for me, so I highly recommend them. I've taken both Fortify and also Women's Daily Care by Garden of Life, both with 40 billion CFU's and multiple strains. I also took biotin to help my hair grow back in as radiation made me loose hair on my head. I take vitamins and collagen in my protein shake. My hair has all grown back and not shedding like it was before.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

hopefulCindy, thanks for the update and it is good to hear you have gotten back on track with your gut. I have been a fan of probiotics (there are many good types) for years. I took them during my radiation and think that helped minimize side effects. The dietician I met with prior to radiation showed me a study where probiotics were given to half the group of women undergoing radiation for cervical cancer. Not only was it shocking just on how well the probiotic women did, my heart that the others were sometimes hospitalized with severe dehydration who did not get them.

So good to hear from you!

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Thanks for coming back and sharing this. It is so helpful to other women! I'm so happy for you ☺️

• Mercorby
    Mercorby Member Posts: 98 Member
    Options

Really appreciate that you are sharing this info. I am sure that you will be helping a lot of women.