HELP

Options
Totorita
Totorita Member Posts: 7 Member
edited March 5 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Good morning, someone knows where you can help me with this month's rent, we haven't asked for help anywhere, during the process, but our savings have already been exhausted 🙈thank you

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

Hello, Totorita, I would recommend checking locally if there is a cancer center you are dealing with through treatment they will have some ideas and references. Check locally at your town hall or Mayor's office for government assistance or temporary welfare assistance to get you through this trying time. You may want to check with local churches to see if they offer assistance also.

Also, I did a search with these words which you can do and you will find many sources to try "cancer patient rent assistance".

Such as the few links I will post below but you will see there are many more...

Cancer.net Financial Resources

https://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/financial-considerations/financial-resources

American Cancer Society Programs and Resources to Help With Cancer-related Expenses

American Life Fund 30+ Charities & Organizations That Help Cancer Patients Financially.

Here is the link for the search I made...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cancer+patient+rent+assistance&t=ffab&ia=web

There are also places like "Go Fund Me" on the internet where you can set up a GoFundMe page to raise money...

I hope you find assistance in this difficult time, the main thing is to get treatment for the cancer and beat that. I know it can be a very difficult time trying to keep up with appointments, copays, and all the normal related living bills we face as a month-to-month process but work at it, and start contacting places, I always prayed over the situation at hand, prayer is powerful and do your best to hang in there and NEGU (Never Ever Give Up)

Wishing You The Best

Take Care, God Bless

Russ

• Swoosh13
    Swoosh13 Member Posts: 74 Member
    Options

Hi Totorita,

When my husband started treatment (and although we have great health insurance) we knew it wouldn't cover everything. Most health/hospital facilities will allow you to set up a payment plan if you call their billing department. And it's generally very reasonable if you tell them you can only afford $XXX.

As Russ said, you have enough other things to worry about during treatment and beating cancer is #1.

Prayers coming to you and your family.

Swoosh13

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

You are welcome Totorita, also I would suggest you talk especially to the hospital or cancer center where he receives treatment. I would think they could help with finances or financial directions.

Wishing You The Best

Take Care, God Bless

Russ

• CozyC
    CozyC Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

When I had radiation they did not accept any copays during treatment. They sent me a huge bill after, but I tried to pay & 10 to $30 monthly. Each Christmas they would take half off my bill as long as I was sending something each month.

• CozyC
    CozyC Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 20 #7
    Options

I found Dollar For. They are for copay help. They will ask for you to send a copy or a picture of your medical bills. They will not ask for any money or your social security number. I took a picture of my 2 bills with my phone, so they probably weren't the best pictures, but they were good enough for the information they needed.