Keytruda immunotherapy

Options
ktrett03
ktrett03 Member Posts: 6 Member

Has anyone had experience with Keytruda infusions? My first infusion is this Friday. Any tips on what to bring/expect? My regimen is planned for every 3 weeks for a year currently.

Comments

• rcole
    rcole Member Posts: 12 Member
    Options

hi ktrett i was diagnosis with kidney cancer {RCC} 2 years ago there removed my kidney they wasnt sure if they got it all so they put me on Keytruda i had some side effects with it mostly from the heat i was still working in a warehouse after about 4 months a CT scan found a few nodules growing where my kidney was after that they put me a different treatment i didnt mind Keytruda it just didnt work for me good luck with your treatment

• ckauf1969
    ckauf1969 Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

What side effects in the heat? Bad rashes on your extremities?

• ckauf1969
    ckauf1969 Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Do you have a port? If not they will get a pick line going and if yours is like mine it’s only 30 minutes. Easy peasy. You will be tired day of and maybe next day. Just make sure you eat and drink plenty of water. Oh yeah you will probably get diarrhea and have your doctor keep an eye on your TSH, thyroid. The immunotherapy can and probably will affect thyroid.

• JuLu
    JuLu Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

I had Keytruda for a year with little side effects. Basically toward the end of the treatment year I came home and took a nap. I also had blood work done before each treatment

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Hi, I've not had Keytruda, but I've been on nivo immunotherapy for a little over a year. Report any changes, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant, to your medical team. Side effects can vary.I experience itchy rash areas, I use a cream and it helps.