Oral Complications of Radiation Therapy to the H&N Patient - Dr. James Hamilton

Options
wbcgaruss
wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
edited February 27 in Head and Neck Cancer #1

Here is a video for your perusal of Dr. Hamilton discussing and explaining the complications of radiation therapy. He covers quite the gamut of effects and complications. Very informative and well presented it is good to hear a presentation that affects us H&N folks by a professional from a professional perspective...Take care, God Bless-Russ

Comments

• scoleh
    scoleh Member Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Wow! That is one sobering presentation. Had I seen this after having completed my neck dissection surgery and prior to starting RT, I think I would have forgone radiation and taken the wait and watch approach, which was one of the options presented to me by the surgeon.

As I have documented in other posts, I tolerated radiation well and the side effects I had were easily manageable. But after watching this presentation, I'm seriously concerned about my sense of taste returning to anything close to normal. I'm less concerned about the other long term side effects mentioned but for me, taste is huge component in the quality-of-life equation. We shall see.

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options

scoleh I am glad you enjoyed the video and got something out of it. Hopefully, others will see it in a fashion that will help them make treatment decisions.

Thanks for commenting on it.

Take care, God Bless

Russ