Breast cancer that thrives on hormones

Options
shekend
shekend Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 13 in Breast Cancer #1

Greetings all, how common is breast cancer that thrives on hormones? My cancer does, I was advised to read all labels at the grocery store and be sure to choose foods that don't have rbst or hormones in them. After the first few times reading labels I was HORRIFIED at the amount of hormones that we eat every day! To be honest it scared me so badly that I started raising my own meat and vegetables, have any of you had this? I am thinking of raising enough meats to sell to people like me! Shameful what is happening to our food supply. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I recently ordered a book called Anti-Cancer by David Servan Schrieber. It tells you everything you need to know about eating right and why. He was a scientist who developed a brain tumor, so he started researching everything he could find about the causes or cancer and how nutrition affects it. It's very good. I don't think you have to resort to being afraid of food at the grocery store. I never saw a food labeled with hormones. Maybe I don't know what I am looking at? Can you enlighten me on that? Thanks. Sunny

• shekend
    shekend Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi Sunny5, thanks for the info I will definitely check that book out! RBST is a growth hormone that is in ALOT of our food. Chicken is actually the worst culprit for added hormones but I only tend to eat fresh chicken from a local farm (so I don't have to raise my own, thank heavens). I have truly come to hate going to the grocery store which is why I have started raising as much of my own food as possible and to be honest I feel a lot better since I started this journey of home grown food. If you Google " what hormones are added to our food" you're going to be in for a surprise.

Again thanks for the info, I hope you are on the way to a long healthy future!

• Sunny5
    Sunny5 Member Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Thanks! I will sure look at that. I'm glad you are able to get local food and grow your own. I know home grown tastes better. I'm 77 years old, and don't really feel like taking care of a very big garden. I do grow my own tomatoes and in the past I have grown Romaine lettuce but last time the rabbits or deer or something got it. I may try again this year. Best wishes! Sunny