New Guy

Options
Dayle0928
Dayle0928 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited February 22 in Esophageal Cancer #1

I was diagnosed with Esophageal Cancer last Monday. I'm a mess. Nightmare of care co-ordination with providers and insurance. How do I see the entire post of people who post? I see things like, "The most important thing you can do to survive is....."

And then gets cut off. Tips, suggestions, advice welcome. Thank you.

Comments

• LimogesGuy
    LimogesGuy Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I had the same problem. Posts just wouldn’t expand when clicked on. But the result seems to have remedied itself in the last hours.

Anyway how you coping. We seem to be in the same boat.

Little information waiting for treatment.

• jwkelly
    jwkelly Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

I had immunotherapy when first diagnosed but insurance stopped it at the treatment center I used and the ew location wasn't close so I couldn't get it

• NGC1514
    NGC1514 Member Posts: 46 Member
    Options

"The most important thing you can do to survive is....."

1. Get to an NCI-Designated Cancer Center (assuming you are in the US). https://www.cancer.gov/research/infrastructure/cancer-centers
    2. Follow the medical treatment plan exactly as it is laid out.
    3. Do not waste time or money on any alternative treatments: they do NOT work!

I was diagnosed with Stage 2b adenocarcinoma with a 7cm tumor and 2 suspected lymph nodes on October 6, 2000; had 12 weeks of chemo, 4 weeks on radiation with chemo, and a transthoracic esophagectomy on April 9, 2001. The nodes proved to be non-cancerous on my post-op pathology report and I was downstaged to 2a.

It is a crappy disease, but it can be beaten.

Good luck

• jwkelly
    jwkelly Member Posts: 26 Member
    Options

My entire esophagus has a tumor but my stomach feeding tube keeps me alive and gives me the nutrition I need. Mine is inoperable,can't tolerate any of the treatments either. I'm advanced stage 3b since December 2021. Good days and bad