Help with decision for surgery. Mom’s triple negative and not sure about surgery.

Options
Reno1500
Reno1500 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited February 2 in Breast Cancer #1

Please help. My mom was recently diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. She’s 86 and in good health. She’s starting to waiver on having surgery to remove the tumor or mastectomy. I think she’s afraid and also tired of all of the prep work for surgery. Can anyone offer any advice on how to encourage her to at least have the surgery? I’m so scared that she’s going to back out of it. We’re supposed to discuss surgery in three days with her doctor. She has an awesome support team but she seems to be giving up. Please help…. Thanks.

Comments

• LovesPrimes
    LovesPrimes Member Posts: 95 Member
    Options

@Reno1500 I'm so very sorry for what you, your mother, and your family are experiencing right now. The decisions that need to be made with any cancer diagnosis are so very personal and as unique as the people making them. Is it possible for your mother to join these boards or for her to "visit" them with you? In particular, there is a thread very near the top of the conversation list, called Choices. The main arc of conversation is between three amazing women with triple negative breast cancer and the choices each has made and supporting and encouraging each other, without judgment, as each faces the consequences of their treatment decisions. You don't need to go back to the very beginning (but certainly can if you want!). They are very open to questions and discussion, as are myself and most who come to these boards. Please reach out as much as you need to.