Liver Cancer

Options
dimasarifani
dimasarifani Member Posts: 1 *
edited March 6 in Liver Cancer #1

Hi,

On mid january 2024, my mom was diagnosed liver cancer, through the time cancer was spread out along her liver. Doctor said that she was alive just only through the gaps between cancer on her liver, and she's only have few months cause she cannot get any surgery and only palliative care. But, i ask doctor can her get any chemo or not, doctor said no but still i insist even though it doesnt significantly help.

Is it the right decision?

Comments

• dwiti
    dwiti Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

My father is in the same situation, he is starting immunotherapy now.

• joannekim
    joannekim Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

No one can ultimately make the decision for yourself other than your mother and your family. But in my personal case, my mom was relatively healthy before her diagnosis and there were no symptoms that she could have been sick which is the scary part of having liver cancer. Depending on her age, overall health, and type of liver cancer, it would be difficult to come to a conclusion without this information. But if there was one thing I would have redone, I would have not continued with treatment. Survival rates are very low and I wish I had spent the remaining time with my mom while she was still able to walk and speak and laugh without being in pain. Her chemotherapy made her relatively weaker and her bones were so incredibly brittle to the point almost everything would break if she placed too much pressure. Having seen someone so strong transform into a helpless and weak stranger was so heartbreaking. I hope this helps and I'm so sorry for your situation. Please take in all the support that you can get and I wish you the best of luck.