Trying to make sense of this whole thing. Newbie here.

Options
Kevin81
Kevin81 Member Posts: 8 Member
edited January 26 in Prostate Cancer #1

I was just diagnosed with PCa a little over one month ago.

PSA rose to 4.9 at my annual physical, saw a Urologist who ordered an MRI which was Pirads1 nothing seen and biopsy.

Biopsy-G. PROSTATE, RIGHT MEDIAL BASE, NEEDLE BIOPSY:

PROSTATIC ADENOCARCINOMA, GLEASON SCORE 3+3=6 (GRADE GROUP 1).

CARCINOMA INVOLVES 35% OF ONE CORE.

LINEAR EXTENT OF CARCINOMA: 5 MM

H. PROSTATE, RIGHT MEDIAL MID, NEEDLE BIOPSY:

PROSTATIC ADENOCARCINOMA, GLEASON SCORE 3+3=6 (GRADE GROUP 1).

CARCINOMA INVOLVES 5% OF ONE CORE.

LINEAR EXTENT OF CARCINOMA: 1 MM

I. PROSTATE, RIGHT MEDIAL APEX, NEEDLE BIOPSY:

PROSTATIC ADENOCARCINOMA, GLEASON SCORE 4+3=7 (GRADE GROUP 3).

CARCINOMA INVOLVES 25% OF ONE CORE.

LINEAR EXTENT OF CARCINOMA: 3 MM

PERCENTAGE OF GLEASON PATTERN 4: 75%

Decipher .44

PSMA-The prostate measures 4.4 x 3.3 x 3.5 cm. Focal increased activity is noted at the apex anteriorly on the left. This is possibly located within the anterior fibromuscular stroma or transitional zone. There is a 2nd focus at the apex slightly to the right of the midline and more centrally, most likely within the transition zone. Activity in the urethra is not totally excluded..

IMPRESSION:

2 foci of activity at the apex of the prostate as noted above, suspicious for prostate carcinoma.No evidence of extracapsular extension or metastatic disease.

I have been very scared for a reason with the Gleason 7 4+3. Decided on RALP to be performed by a competent Urologist/Oncologist who according to him "performed several hundred" of these procedures with nerve sparring. Surgery isn't for another 8 weeks. I'm wondering if the majority of you who had similar results remained cancer free? Any further advice?? I did see a cyber surgeon and Radiation Oncologist (who I hated) and thought this was the best course for me. I want to live as long as possible and I am 66 years old in very good health.

Comments

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,327 Member
    edited January 25 #2
    Options

Why a second thread?

It will lead to confusion as to what is new and make it harder for us to respond properly.

• Kevin81
    Kevin81 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I'm sorry. I felt that I omitted a lot of the information in my first thread, this one included the entire biopsy report. Once again I apologize for being redundant.

• Clevelandguy
    Clevelandguy Member Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options

Hi,

If It was me I would order a PMSA PET scan just to make sure that there is no spread outside of the Prostate. To answer your question I had my Prostate removed in 2014 using robotic methods and so far to date my PSA is less than(.1) which is considered undetectable. Just make sure the cancer has not spread outside the gland into the Prostate bed or lymph nodes in that general area, the 4+3 is on the aggressive side. Make sure you get the best doctors and facilities to get great results. Good luck……..

Dave 3+4