Rare reaction to taxol

Options
VAD2023
VAD2023 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited January 19 in Ovarian Cancer #1

73 yo recenty diagnosed with peritoneal cancer. Was taking Ozempic and the side effects I was having I believe masked my cancer symptoms. Underwent 1st chemo with carbo and taxol on august 8. 2 days later had some trouble breathing. Went to the er and admitted on 16 liters of oxygen. Rare reaction to taxol. In hospital for 6 weeks trying to clear my lungs. I was finally sent home on 4-5 liters of O2. Started on carbo and doxcil and ca-125 increased by 90 points. Doc suspects I may be carbo resistant, although I did get covid in between infusions. Doc wants to do hysterectomy but I am not thrilled about undergoing general anesthesia with my compromised lungs. .  Last 2 CT scans were stable but still on O2. Doc said this would be a good time for surgery. So this isn’t a typical decision on having a hysterectomy. I have a 10-13% chance of complications from mild to life support. These could happen to anyone without lung disease. Have not seen this issue being discussed. At 73 yo I’m trying to figure out why I would want to go thru this. Any words of wisdom?