Thanks for port film response

Options
olivesew
olivesew Member Posts: 13 Member
edited January 18 in Breast Cancer #1

Thank you nursejulie for responding to my port film post question. It made my day that you understood how I felt about the secret port films. I don't know why more people haven't responded. I think people are intelligent enough to understand a procedure if it is explained to them.

I hope the rest of your treatment goes well. I was told I would probably be tired, but I never was, I was the opposite, pepped up, but maybe that was due to the trauma of being so scared when they did the port films the first time and the machine did everything in reverse. I didn't have much radiation burn or other problems. All my trouble stemmed from the carelessness of the technicians. I also did not have another CT scan at the finish of the treatments.

Another experience I had was when I noticed on my printed schedule, that everyday had the exact same schedule, except one day had a listing of ARC/IMRT. So I asked what made this day different, and his response was "I knew that would freak you out! " I said, "I guess I am the only oddball to want to know what is happening to me, and he said "you sure are!" This happened in the CT room, and then he just glared at me, and I had to open the heavy door myself in order to leave the room. I was totally shocked by it all.

Additionally, they allow the technician to keep a dog there, right by their feet in the control room. I wasn't really bothered by it, but in retrospect, it could be a distraction.

Goodluck nurse Julie with the rest of your treatments. I had 23. Sorry you have headaches too, but the treatments are very emotionally and psychological stressful . But it sounds like you have a responsible team.