KISQALI and NAUSEA

Options
CornellDeville
CornellDeville Member Posts: 14 Member
edited January 10 in Breast Cancer #1

My wife just started the Kisqali. 600mg for the three week period, then two weeks off because her white blood cell count was too low after the one week break. She just started the second session a week ago. Every morning she is nauseous. Is this common, and does it subside after a while. I don't know if we should ask the doctor to change it to Verzenio or something else. The initial treatment with Ibrance worked for 16 months and then stopped working so we were changed to Kisquali along with Faslodex injections. She's has had those for two months so far. Any replies would be helpful. Thank you.

Comments

• Jasmine8
    Jasmine8 Member Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I have been prescribed verzenio over a month ago and have not yet been able to take the prescribed 2 pills a day. It gives you really bad diarrhea and not only that but for me it came along with extreme stomach pains. I think she should talk to her Dr and maybe get an Rx med for the nausea.....I think diarrhea and stomach pain is worse than nausea and almost everyone on verzenio has that side effect. Good luck!

• CornellDeville
    CornellDeville Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Thank you for the comment, Jasmine8. It seems like all, or most, of these oral cancer medications have side effects. I know Rosie had some early on with the Ibrance, but they reduced the dosage and that took care of it. At the same time, it's hard to determine whether it's the Kisqali or some of her other drugs that may be causing the nausea. Luckily, a Zofran fist thing in the morning solves the problem.

I hope they can get your Verzenio adjusted to help with your side effects. I might be as simple as cutting the dosage to one pill instead of two. I understand that doesn't change the efficacy of the drug, only the speed at which it works. Best of luck to you on this journey.