Verzenio medium to Long term prospects

Options
Andy280
Andy280 Member Posts: 2 *
edited January 3 in Breast Cancer #1

Hello Folks,

Question from a Caregiver.

My wife was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer with mets to bone in Jan 2022

iBrance and Kisqali worked but had side effects.

Since Oct 2022, my wife has been on Verzenio(Abemaciclib) and is tolerating it well with clear scans.

Is there anyone who has been on Verzenio for many years and how are the medium to long term prospects?

Thanks,

Andy

Wife(Stage IV, diagnosed Jan 2022, Mets to Bones, Location: California)

Hormone receptor (HR)-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer

Medicines: Verzenio(Abemaciclib)

denosumab (Xgeva) estrogen receptor positive

fulvestrant (Faslodex) for Breast cancer metastasized to bone, left (CMS-HCC)

goserelin (Zoladex)

Comments

• Andy280
    Andy280 Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

Question from a Caregiver.

My wife was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer with mets to bone in Jan 2022

]iBrance and Kisqali worked but had side effects.

Since Oct 2022, my wife has been on Verzenio(Abemaciclib) and is tolerating it well with clear scans.

Is there anyone who has been on Verzenio for many years and how are the medium to long term prospects?

Thanks a ton!

Wife(Stage IV, diagnosed Jan 2022, Mets to Bones, Location: California)

Hormone receptor (HR)-positive, human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2)-negative advanced or metastatic breast cancer

Medicines: Verzenio(Abemaciclib)

denosumab (Xgeva) estrogen receptor positive

fulvestrant (Faslodex)

goserelin (Zoladex)

• CornellDeville
    CornellDeville Member Posts: 14 Member
    Options

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, and I can relate. My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer (same variety as yours) HR+ and HER2-, back in December 2019. She had a mastectomy on right and lumpectomy on left. Started with Anastrozole then Letrozole. Changed to Ibrance and it worked for about 16 months. Then she started getting some mets to the skin. They said the Ibrance had stopped working, which is usually does with most patients in time. Also, one small tumor (1.7cm) had grown to 4.5cm during the time the Ibrance stopped working and we started the fulvestrant (Faslodex). So we started the Faslodex injections. She has been on those for 2 months now and I've heard that drug doesn't really "kick in" for 3-4 months and show any significant change. Also started Kisqali a week ago but too early to tell anything yet. She has labs again on Thursday 1/4 so we can see what shows up at that time.

I can tell from your post that you are well informed on what's going on. It appears we both know a lot more about cancer treatment than we ever wanted to know. I'm sorry I can't give you any response on the efficacy of Verzenio, but I'm sure there's someone out there who can. I just wanted to give you a response to encourage you that you're not alone and there are a lot of others going through the same ordeal. I have heard good things about Verzenio and I'm hoping it works well for your wife. God bless!