Essiac Tea

Options
jamesarthur81
jamesarthur81 Member Posts: 15 Member

Has anyone heard about Essiac Tea and how it’s cured NHL …I was diagnosed in February for the third time with NHL …..well if you haven’t I’m cancer Free from taking it for the last couple months without chemotherapy

Comments

• AbogadoAvocado
    AbogadoAvocado Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

This is a proven scam. The formulation was sold to a drug company years ago, and they could not prove effectiveness, despite commercial interest in doing so. You can look up the origin on wikipedia, unsurprisingly its not a collection of herbs made by ‘native american medicine men’. Most of the spices arent native to north america.

You may want to read about confirmation bias.

Pretty much any other tea tastes better, if youd like one that doesn't prey on cancer patient's desire for hope.

• ShadyGuy
    ShadyGuy Member Posts: 904 Member
    edited March 17 #3
    Options

This is so true. Don't buy this stuff. Even the name is made up. There is no such herb called essiac. It is the original fraudster name, Caisse, spelled backwards.

• jamesarthur81
    Options

You can say what you want you have your own opinion….im just letting people know that it worked for me and I’m living proof so say what you want but I’m still here and did no chemo and I’m 4 cancer .With the consent from my oncologist to take after he seen it from himself …..I got the hope I was looking for …..sounds like you may never had cancer yourself 👍

• ShadyGuy
    Options

I was diagnosed in 2011 with follicular lymphoma. Do you sell the stuff? If you were diagnosed 3 times it means you were never cured. 2 months is not a cure. Lymphoma is sometimes a chronic (recurring) disease. I hope you are cured but my advice is don't hold your breat - and if what you are saying is accurate you should look for a new doctor. Good luck and best wishes.

• jamesarthur81
    Options

Do the research …..I took Essiac for a year with NHL in neck armpits ,chest,abdomen and pelvis and did it without chemo and was cleared of cancer 10 months later it’s like life theirs no guarantee but it worked for me …im not here to sell it on anyone …but theirs a time when you got fight for your life and try just about anything like chemo and radiation as well as Essiac to give ones hope

• ShadyGuy
    edited March 17 #7
    Options

Just curious - no chemo but were you on other drugs like perhaps Rituxan? Radiation is never used except in very early detected phase 1. Sounds like you were stage 4. Glad you are in remission. Again - good luck and hang in there.

• jamesarthur81
    Options

This is what my oncologist suggested to do …I keep it as a reminder of what I was gonna go through…I did straight essiac

• jamesarthur81
    Options

I’m a three time survivor

2008 -NHL in small intestines small section removed and suggested rituxan but got second opinion from UCLA decided not to do it -remission till -2013

2013 -NHL Large Mass in abdomen did chemo and Essiac for 8 months - I believe I got viral meningitis from chemo -remission till 2023

2023 - NHL in Neck ,armpits ,chest ,pelvis and abdomen ,decided just to do Essiac since my oncologist said he’ll do watch and wait till my next scans in two months after i denied chemo ….after two months filling scans most of my cancer had resolved continued Essiac till next scan in Dec and was cancer free

• ShadyGuy
    Options

Well let's hope your cancer is gone. NED on a scan is not considered a cure but hopefully in your case it is. Good luck!

• jamesarthur81
    Options

I believe NHL there is no cure but if I can prevent me being six feet under the ground I consider that a good day…..and negative means to me that I don’t have marker hits for cancer which I think to most people would be cancer free …..remember I’m a three time survivor do you really think I said I was cured I’ve had NHL for 15 years

• ShadyGuy
    Options

According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health, there is "no controlled data available from human studies to suggest that Essiac or Flor-Essence can be effective in the treatment of patients with cancer." It further notes, "some evidence suggests that Flor-Essence may increase tumor formation in an animal model of breast cancer.