Cholangiocarcinoma Treatments

Options
ebroderick3
ebroderick3 Member Posts: 2 *
edited January 1 in Liver Cancer #1

My husband was diagnosed with cholangiocarcinoma on June 2nd. The medical team initially thought they could perform a resection, but further scans revealed additional lesions on his liver, making the resection no longer an option.

After two hospital stays for infections and stabilizing his bilirubin levels, he began chemotherapy in mid-July. He started with durvalumab + gemcitabine and cisplatin, but the two-month scans revealed that the treatment was ineffective and the tumors had spread. His treatment was then switched to dabrafenib and trametinib (Tafinlar and Mekinist), but the results were the same after an additional two months. The medical team then switched him to Leucovorin + Adrucil + Eloxatin (Folfox).

I recently submitted his Foundation One results to the genomic focus website, which revealed Gleevac (a well-known lymphoma drug) and Keytruda. My question for those currently undergoing Folfox treatment is whether it is possible to receive Keytruda simultaneously. We feel that at this point, my husband has nothing to lose, so we are willing to try this option. He is a 51-year-old firefighter with four teenage daughters, and he is determined not to give up. Any advice from others in similar situations would be greatly appreciated.