Relief from pain in the butt

Options
pdavin
pdavin Member Posts: 1 *
edited January 5 in Colorectal Cancer #1

I am caring for my husband who recently was pinned with stage 3 anul cancer. Haven't started chemo\rad yet and he already has a sore butt. One thing that has helped is a lidocaine hemorrhoid gel. I also picked up the Prep H lidocaine spray but haven't tried it yet. Pretty sure that sitz baths will be helpful?

Any advice?

Good luck to all!

Comments

• tynjad
    tynjad Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

Sorry your husband is going through this. I have rectal cancer and the tumor in the anal verge can definitely throb and it can get worse once you start chemo and especially radiation. Sitz baths are the best to soothe the tumor and anal verge. I would sit in hot water for a long time to soothe the discomfort and pain. I have tried several creams and RectiCare is the best with 5% lidocaine, but it is expensive. Wal-mart has their equate version called Hemorrhoid Relief Cream with 5% lidocaine which I have used. Other creams would help like Boudreaux's Butt Paste, Desitin and A+D Ointment original. Yes those are diaper creams, but they can help with minor irritation and itching. During my radiation treatment the radiation burns on my anus were very bad and my radiologist prescribed 1% Silver Sulfadiazine cream which worked very well. All of these creams are for external use so make sure your husband talks with his doctor for any internal creams, lotions or gels. Some creams work better at different times depending on if your husband's anus is burning, itching or throbbing. Wishing your husband the best.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Hello, and welcome.

You may find allot more help over on the Anal Cancer forum. Here is the link

Wishing you husband the best.

Tru