Just letting people know I am 5 years NED.

Options
Ribbons
Ribbons Member Posts: 150 Member
edited December 2023 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

I don’t visit here much but I do appreciate the help and support when I was first diagnosed. I was 1A grade 3 with some clear cell. I owe my good outcome to my wonderful Dr and the great facility I went to and still go for my yearly checkup. I am very sorry that another person on here continues to give bad reviews on my “home base” There was one Dr there who was a bad apple and I’m sorry that the other person on here is judging everyone there by this one Dr. I go to Compass Oncology in Tigard, Oregon. My Dr is Lisa McCluskey, and I highly recommended her.

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Ribbons,

Such good news to hear that you’ve hit this important milestone!

Since I didn’t join this Board until after I had finished treatment, I didn’t realize how many women have struggled to find doctors that provide quality cancer care when my own experience was very good, like yours.

So I’m always glad to read when a woman finds this Board early on so she can read about what to expect and help to decide when a second opinion or doctor change is in order, if she has any doubts.

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Congratulations! 5 years NED is a huge milestone. I'm so very happy for you.

Jan

• woodstock99
    woodstock99 Member Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Congrats!

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Congrats on the magic 5! May you enjoy many years of dancing with NED!

• Charissa
    Charissa Member Posts: 129 Member
    Options

What a blessing to come here 7-1/2 years after my diagnosis and see another long-term survivor. I’m also in the Washington/Yamhill County. Dr. Winters is my OBgyn Oncologist.

Congratulations and thank you, for being an encouragement to all these beautiful ladies.

This group saw me through, one of the hardest trials of my life. It’s so important to bring hope, during such a frightening and uncertain time. Virtual hugs to you and all who read the comments!

• Charissa
    Charissa Member Posts: 129 Member
    Options

Woohoo, so great to see you still here too! How many years NED are you now?