New to group

Options
Thomasian
Thomasian Member Posts: 1 Member
edited January 1 in Kidney Cancer #1

I’m Nancy from Chicago. A 2cm solid mass was found on my kidney by CT scan, incidentally. During the past 6 months my creatine has increased to 1.3 and my GFR to 47 with trace protein in my urine. We were keeping an eye on it. I have a history of Hurtle Cell Carcinoma of the thyroid 5 years ago with my thyroid being completely removed. I’m guessing that this would be a secondary cancer. I am assuming that this is cancer, with the question of how serious. I have an appointment with a Urologist in a month. Thoughts?

Comments

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

Hello,

kidney solid masses tend to be cancer, unfortunately. But yours is very-very small by kidney cancer standards. These are easily treatable with surgery.

Most probably urologist will offer to take it out. They don’t usually biopsy kidney masses. And with great probability (even certainty, I’d say), the surgery will be curative. The histology will say for sure what type of mass this is - Stage, subtype, grade. This will define the intensitynof follow-up (if it is cancer).

But anyway you will be fine -mass of this size usually is far from being a life threat.

It is scary, of course, but stick to this board and read inspiring stories. Hopefully it will help you to calm down!

Please keep us posted!

• Deanie0916
    Deanie0916 Member Posts: 616 Member
    Options

Hi Nancy, welcome here. Sorry about your news. I agree with Allochka, it seems like your case looks good with a small size tumor. Keep us updated, prayers are with you, I know this is so scary.