Five years of NEDDDDDDDDD!

Options
eug91
eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
edited January 24 in Kidney Cancer #1

Went in for my five year scans. By now, the process is familiar - get bloodwork so they know I can handle the contrast, get really scanxious beforehand, get in there, get it over with, get a Starbucks afterwards.

As they set up my MRI, they asked me if I wanted music inside, so they put on a Movie Soundtracks channel for me. During my scan, they played Aerosmith's "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" - and the music and lyrics hit me like a ton of bricks.

"Don't wanna close my eyes. Don't wanna fall asleep 'cause I'd miss you, babe. And I don't wanna miss a thing."

I've never felt so fired-up and inspired lying inside of an MRI tube. When it comes to my life, I'm not ready to close my eyes and fall asleep. There's just too much that I'd miss.

And thankfully my scans were clear. No Evidence of Disease! NED! Time for pizza and beer!

So that's it - five years complete. I'm done with annual CTs & MRIs. Next year will be an x-ray and ultrasound. After that will be every two years.

Hope everyone has a wonderful holidays - here's to great health for us all and here's to a great 2024!

Comments