Pain in inverted nipple. Scary.

Options
bigenna
bigenna Member Posts: 5 Member

I had my core biopsy 6 days ago. My next appointment is to confirm the suspected diagnosis of cancer. That is to be on December 28th.

My breast still a bit tender, which I expected, but I’m having this strange feeling that my inverted nipple is being pulled from within causing little shooting pains. It’s not excruciating and only intermittent but I can’t help but feeling scared about what is happening inside by body.

Have any of you felt this?

This waiting for the appointment is the hardest, but I know I’ll likely have a lot of that in the future, so I’m trying really hard to be patient. Reading on this board has been helpful and I’m looking forward to connecting with some of you as this frightening journey continues.

Comments

• rcsmith
    rcsmith Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I have cancer on a breast that has an inverted nipple. I had a lumpectomy on Sept 9. I had 16 radiation therapies. I had a stabbing feeling in the nipple area for a month following the radiation. It felt terrible but was also intermittent and not all the time. My inverted nipple got gross and crusty weeks after the radiation. It has all stopped. Not sure what it was?

• bigenna
    bigenna Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Looks like we are the only ones that have experienced this, and different situations.

since I wrote this post, I am now booked in for mastectomy surgery on Feb 7th and still feeling that pain off and on. Scary wondering what is going on inside.

• LifeInBloom100
    LifeInBloom100 Member Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Hi, ladies:

I hadn't had an inverted nipple, but like you, I've had the painful sensation of tiny needles in areas of my breast where it turned out I had cancer (NOT to say that this is correlative to cancer in all cases; I'm obviously not qualified to make that correlation and don't intend to scare you, @bigenna). I additionally had those little stabbing feelings post double-mastectomy, but my understanding then was that it was nerve damage and nerves on-the-mend. I'm currently undergoing radiation and feel this very minimally, two weeks into 5 weeks of treatments. I pray both you and @rcsmith are on the road to a good treatment plan and full recovery. I'm sorry we are all dealing with this.

Sincerely.