Indecisive picking a prostate treatment

Options
Vjgreco
Vjgreco Member Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2023 in Prostate Cancer #1

I am having trouble deciding on either surgery, or radiation therapy for my prostate cancer.

Comments

• centralPA
    centralPA Member Posts: 243 Member
    Options

What s your diagnosis? Gleason score? Risk level? Size of prostate? Age? Any urinary problems? Other health problems? Weighting of tolerance of side effects versus potential for cure? Access to the different therapies?

A lot of ingredients in the decision stew…

• Vjgreco
    Vjgreco Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I am 64 years old, and have been diagnosed with Prostate cancer since 2017. I have been on surveillance since. I had a bout with bladder cancer 2 years ago. I had a biopsy in September, and my Gleason score went up to 7. My Urologist sent me to 3 excellent doctors to learn about their treatments. One for robotic surgery, one for Brachytherapy, and one for Brachytherapy and Radiation beam treatment. They all sounded convincing. I am fairly healthy, with no outstanding health problems except for high blood pressure, cholesterol, and I suffer from depression. I am not sure which is best for me. Making the decision is giving me a lot of anxiety. Thank you for anything you can share with me.

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options

Thanks for that info. But we need to know more. For instance Gleason 4+3 or 3+4 and how many? How close to the edge etc.

Please post the biopsy report (without personal info of course).