looking for in person groups

Options

I was diagnosed with stage 4 head neck cancer and have gone through radiation and chemotherapy, 2nd pet scan good, just looking and asking if there is any in person support groups I can join. I live in the Albany, Troy, Schenectady area in New York. Thank you for your time, Peace

Comments

• wbcgaruss
    wbcgaruss Member Posts: 2,277 Member
    Options

William, welcome to the CSN H&N discussion forum.

I go to a local group near where I live at the Ann Barshinger Cancer Center in Lancaster, PA. I think this group was started and then listed with SPOHNC.

The facility is a member of SPOHNC (Support for People with Oral Head and Neck Cancer) and as members of our local H&N support group, we get a news flyer from SPOHNC twice a year.

Check out this web site https://spohnc.org/ and scroll down till you come to a map of the United States, then click on your state and you will see a listing of the support groups in your state. I will post some screenshots below. Also, check out the website while you are there you may find something else that helps you.

Also, check out any local hospitals that treat cancer or cancer centers in your area to see if they have live support meetings. How about the facility where you got your treatment? Also, you could work with a local cancer center or hospital and urge them to start one and you could assist them possibly. You would have to convince them that one is needed in your area but they may surprise you and be very open to it.

New York State...

Pennsylvania State...

Wishing You the Best

And don't forget NEGU (Never Ever Give Up)

Take care, God Bless

Russ