enhertu and nausea

Options
Tobey
Tobey Member Posts: 5 Member
edited December 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

I have been experiencing mild nausea for at least 10 days after each enhertu infusion. I have anti-nausea meds along with the enhertu and they seem to stop nausea for the first 3 days, then the 10 days of not feeling well start. My Dr prescribed Prilosec but it hasn't helped. My gastro Dr just told me that if it hasn't worked so far, it's not stomach acid that is causing the problem and suggested that I take zofran. Has anyone had this situation?

Comments

• RocDocVic
    RocDocVic Member Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Zofran is typically prescribed as the 1st line anti nausea medicine for other chemo drugs. Prilosec and other drugs like that for acid reflux, which I've had with Taxotere chemo. Thank goodness I've not had nausea. But Zofran is what my Doctor prescribed should I have it.

• Tobey
    Options

Thank you for your comments. I stopped taking Prilosec and am wondering if it was actually making me feel worse. I'll talk to my oncologist about Zofran. Since I'll apparently be having enhertu for quite awhile, I need to figure out how to handle this all.

• Sunshine10a
    Sunshine10a Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

So, the one thing that worked for my dad was ginger juice. Basically would take a piece of ginger , grind it up and strain it. It worked like a charm every single time.

• Tobey
    Options

Thank you! I have another infusion in two days so I'll try ginger root, if I can find it. I talked to my Dr.'s nurse last week and they are still advising that I take compazine and I'd rather not add more drugs to what I already have!

• Sunshine10a
    Sunshine10a Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

you can get ginger from any grocery store, peel it and then just use a smasher to get juice from the ginger unless you have a fancy juicer. Worked like a charm. My dad was actually unable to vomit so having nausea was super bad and this was the one thing that got him through it. I completely understand the not adding drugs, every drug comes with its baggage..try the ginger ..you can probably find ginger shots in Whole Foods or sprouts or even local grocery stores.