Uterine Serous Carcinoma

Options
2»

Comments

• Giana23
    Giana23 Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

January 9 Update

My Jan. 2 CT scan showed the pelvic abscesses/infections much improved. There is still an area left, and I am continuing with antibiotics for another couple weeks. I have another scan on the 17th. This will postpone my 2nd round of chemo again (was supposed to be Dec. 20) until Jan 25. I understand the reasoning behind all this, but I'm very anxious.

I also have a yeast infection...including in my mouth. I am on a daily fluconazole pill for that now.

• PippiCat
    PippiCat Member Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Oh boy. You will be healed up soon then back on track.

• heyrayray
    heyrayray Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Thanks for the update. I am glad you are seeing progress with the abscesses. Keep thinking positive healing thoughts.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options

Good to know things are moving in the right direction. Jan 25 is almost here

• Giana23
    Giana23 Member Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I had my 2nd round of 6 last week. I think it went as well as it could go. I was supposed to add in keytruda/pembro, but somehow it wasn't ordered on time.

• calj
    calj Member Posts: 7 Member
    Options

Oh wonderful for you to be supporting your Mom. I was diagnosed with UPSC 4B in 2017. I've been NED since Sept 2022. I've been BEYOND FORTUNATE to have a very supportive husband and a bright, compassionate, humble gyno oncologist at a UCI-designated comprehensive cancer center (UCSD, which is only a 30 min drive from where we live).

Things I did right: 1) found a great doc at a UCI-designated comprehensive cancer center. 2) Switched my GP to one who is connected with this center. 3) Used ONLY doctors at this center - this cuts down immeasurable stress, hassle, time, misunderstandings in trying to share info/medical records amongst ALL the medical professionals (countless) I've seen in 6.5 years.

(IF you're not able to go to UCI CCC then make sure your Mom has a great GP and you ask her/him how best to make sure they have timely & complete medical records from the oncologist/cancer center).

Things I wished I would have known early on: 1) get a bone density scan and immediately start taking any necessary medication (e.g., Prolia). Having 4 spinal compression fractures in 2019/2020 has been the worst part of this 6.5 year journey.

Sending warm hugs and healing light!