FASLODEX/KISQALI

Options
CornellDeville
CornellDeville Member Posts: 14 Member
edited January 3 in Breast Cancer #1

Any success stories from anyone using Faslodex/Kisqali with Letrozole? My wife just started this combo for metastatic stage 4 breast cancer. Hers is HR+ HER2- variety metastasized to the skin. Need some encouragement.

Comments

• JenniferHart
    JenniferHart Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi!

My mom has been on Falsodex for 16 months and it has helped drop tumor markers substantially. She also has skin involvement and for the past year it has shrunk her breaks and made is scrunchy with inverted nipple. Recent MRI is showing enhancement in that area so will have more answers this week.

How much of your wife’s skin is compromised? Also- sending you both prayers tonight, this is not an easy battle.

• CornellDeville
    edited December 2023 #3
    Options

Hi, Jennifer! Thanks so much for the comment! Very helpful and encouraging.

My wife had a mastectomy 4 years ago. This was followed by anastrozole, which didn't work that great, so we changed to Letrozole, which was much better. And then about 16 months of Ibrance which seemed to help and keep things under control. Then the skin metastisis started and we went through 10 radiation treatments which cleared things up and closed up the open wound. That's been almost a year now, and the metastisis is coming back but with a slightly different look. Much smaller nodules. Also, her broken skin area seems to be getting smaller and not as "angry" looking. Her last tumor marker showed a slightly lower number. She has another tumor high on the chest wall near the collarbone. The scans showed it was growing, so the doctor suggested the Faslodex.

She has been on Faslodex for 2 months now along with the Kisqali for 1 month so far. Her first break from Kisqali was 2 weeks, instead of 1, because her white blood count was too low and they decided to wait another week and also cut the dosage to 400mg (2 pills) instead of 600mg (3 pills). Currently the main issue is tiredness, weakness, and sleeping, along with some pain, which is controllable with the Hydrocodone/acetaminophen combination. The strangest thing is that she's exceptionally tired in the morning until about 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon, when she perks up and gets her mojo back. We haven't figured that part out yet.

I truly appreciate you sharing your mom's story and we are wishing her the best results from the treatment. As you said, it's not an easy battle.

• CornellDeville
    Options

CORRECTION: When we started the Kisqali, the doctor told us to stop the Letrozole, since it wasn't necessary with the other two drugs.