Leaning cryotherapy

Options
Steve1961
Steve1961 Member Posts: 519 Member

Well, if you dont know my story, I had reoccurrence after five years. I chose radiation with a breakytherapy booster. It seems like it is the same tumor and that the radiation and a breakytherapy unfortunately didn’t kill it all. The doctor I talked to has been at UCSF for over 30 years, and he has been doing the cryotherapy for almost 30 years I would consider him an expert. He said I could also do focal ablation. But he said cryotherapy has a better success rate, but it also comes with a little bit more side effects, which would be of the sexual nature, which I really don’t care about what care about is what give me the best chance of this not coming back again. He’s had a very good success rate. I asked him even though it is a progressive form in cribiform his response was that only means that it could grow and spread faster it does that mean that it would be harder to treat or cure at this point since I caught surely the chances are very good that we could be done with this . has anybody done cryotherapy or known anybody that has done cryotherapy what was your outcome. I’m also meeting with the same radiologist to do the first time, but I think I’m wasting my time because there’s no way I’m doing it again I don’t wanna put any more radiation in my body if I don’t have to any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

Comments

• Steve1961
    Options

Also psa is at 1.78 oh, and you might think this is dumb but I also do believe that there are more natural treatments and I am a big fan of tick-toc lol and some lady posted a video that she has natural therapies for different types of cancer and that her father had a relapse, after surge he is in his 70s and they put him on hormone treatments which was making him extremely sick. So he started a regimen of 1000 mg of black seed oil a day 4 to 6 pieces of bitter raw apricot kernels along with 2 cups of organic dried soursop Graviola , leaf tea. Well, I tried the Blackseed oil and the kernels minus the tea for about six weeks and my last PSA drop from 1.9 down the 1.78 now I’m trying to whole thing and it will be 2 months In December i will be getting another PSA test and I will let you know if my PSA dropped again I’m gonna hold off on any treatment. I’m gonna keep doing this because she has said that her father‘s PSA is down to Below zero once again undetectable so we shall see

• eonore
    eonore Member Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Steve,

You’re foolish to hold off on treatment based on a Tik Tok video. Do you even know this person? Why would you follow the advice of an anonymous stranger rather than an experienced Doctor at a world class facility? You have an aggressive cancer. Why play Russian Roulette?

As far as cryotherapy, a close friend of my girlfriend, like you, was initially treated with radiation and brachytherapy. He relapsed after 11 years and was treated at Yale New Haven with cryotherapy. He suffered few side effects and has been undetectable for seven years. Don’t delay.

Eric

• Steve1961
    Options

U are right I wont delay