Biopsy Scheduled

Options

So I’m just on edge.. I had an ultrasound done a month ago and the doctors were concerned about a cyst. Had a follow up appointment this week to have another ultrasound and the cyst was gone, but the doctor is still concerned

My endometrium measured at over 13mm in October when I was a week from getting my period and at the follow up ultrasound, it measured at over 13mm on just day 6 of my cycle.

I also had another ultrasound done 2 years ago for pelvic pain and discomfort when going to the bathroom. My endometrium measured at 14mm while I was on my period.

I have extremely heavy, painful periods that last at least 6 days. I have bleeding between my periods, pelvic pain, discomfort (not pain, more like pressure) when going to the bathroom, and pain with intercourse.

When I originally went to the doctor, she thought that it was maybe just something I could wait to see if it got better, even though this has been happening consistently for 2+ years. (The spotting between periods started within the last 8 months)

I guess I’m just looking for some insight on how worried I should be. My biopsy is still over a week away and I can’t help but think about it. I know there isn’t anything I can do in the meantime but I’m just scared.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    edited November 2023 #2
    Options

hey low_30, it is understandable that you are concerned but you have a doctor who cares and want to find out what is going on. That puts you way ahead of the game.

I'm not a doctor and can't tell you what is going on, did you tell your doctor about pain/pressure when you go to the bathroom and with intercourse? That is good information for her know as well.

It is good you are taking actions to find out what is going on but don't too far ahead of yourself here. Let us know how the biopsy goes and what the results are.

I'm sure some of the others will be along to lend their support as well.