Small indeterminate kidney lesion - Very Nervous

Options
Am1974
Am1974 Member Posts: 8 Member

Just had Abdominal CT Sscan due to right side cramp/discomfort and it found a 11mm indeterminate lesion on right kidney. I am in the process of getting an MRI as recommended by the reading radiologist. I am very nervous and just wanted to know your thoughts or any helpful guidance or insight. Thank you so much in advance.

Comments

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    Options

Hi Am1974,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry you had to join us, but I'm glad you found us. We've been what you're going through, so we know you're going to do great.

While it's very scary to get news like that, you have reasons to be optimistic and hopeful. An 11mm lesion is SMALL. It might not even be the "c"-word - it could end up being a cyst or an odd lesion.

But even if it does turn out to be non-benign, you have caught it early - and that is GREAT. At that tiny of a size, there'll be little-to-no risk of it having spread. Again you have lots of reasons to be optimistic.

Your MRI will give you answers. Fingers crossed for you that it turns out to be nothing. If you have questions or worries or just need to vent, we're here for you. You're gonna do great!

• Am1974
    Am1974 Member Posts: 8 Member
    Options

Thank you very much, eug91. I really appreciate your response. I’m glad to have found this forum. Your words of optimism have given me encouragement.