Newly diagnosed melanoma on temple

Options
rdill225
rdill225 Member Posts: 2 Member
edited December 2023 in Skin Cancer #1

I just had a mole biopsy from my left temple. Biopsy shows a 1b melanoma (.95mm not ulcerated). My oncology consult is two weeks away. Needless to say I’m freaking out. Trying to be positive but I’ve convinced myself I won’t make it a year. I should never use google probably…. My biggest fear is leaving my wife and kids behind. I know nobody has the answer for me, just posting to help my mental state and be part of a community.

Comments

• Mulligan45
    Mulligan45 Member Posts: 6 Member
    Options

I understand your fears. Hope that you get a positive review of your situation. I know how hard that this is as I’m going through a similar thing myself. I don’t have any answers but just know you’re not alone. I need to keep that in mind too.

• blana
    blana Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear dx. Been in your shoes. Get good oncologist. Be aggressive towards it. I did Opdivo. Immunotherapy . Still here 5 years later

• rdill225
    rdill225 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I wanted to follow up on what I've found so far. I had a wide excision and sentinel lymph node biopsy last week. I got my results last night and there was no melanoma found in any of the margins and the lymph nodes were negative. I have a lot more follow-up visits now but it seems my wife caught this early. I was also lucky that it was not nodular melanoma. I hope you have good news as well! I did learn from this that if the medical group you are working with isn't taking it as seriously as you are it's best to go find another group. I was lucky enough to live two hours from Duke and they were a very different experience for me.