michellesmith
michellesmith Member Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2023 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Is there any person who has survived?

Comments

• BerniceOB
    BerniceOB Member Posts: 40 Member
    Options

Yes. My husband was diagnosed with stage 4 rectal cancer and he has now been cancer free for over 2 years. The journey was long and difficult but yes, some people can survive this.

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options

I had rectal cancer and just came back today as it's been 15 years today I was diagnosed, so yes, you can survive. Wishing you the best.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options

Stage IV and over ten years since diagnosis.

I won't lie, it wasn't easy, and I will ALWAYS be fighting the Cancer demon - not with treatment, but emotionally and physically. Emotionally because it never leaves your head. Physically, because I live daily with several side effects from the chemo and radiation . BUT, I am alive, and that is truly a blessing. I'll take the side effects.

So, if you're new to this, read my first sentence. TEN YEARS!

Tru

• Hope4Answers
    Hope4Answers Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Thank you for the positive feedback. My husband was diagnosed 3 years ago and has since beat it. I took a job closer to family & when I started we thought his job was going to let him move with me & continue his job remotely. A couple months later he was told he could not move & continue his job remotely. He doesn't have the energy to start a new job & insists on continuing to work for financial reasons instead of retiring early. If it comes back a 3rd time he needs more help from family than I can provide on my own working. Does anyone have any suggestions for surviving afterwards financially?

• TWB813
    TWB813 Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Yes! I was originally diagnosed with Stage 3B in October 2021. It returned in August 2023 stage 4 metastatic in liver and lung. Originally told I had 6 months to 5 years. After prayer and research I decided to change Dr. and facility. I’m now scheduled for radiation on my lung and surgery on my liver this month. Prognosis is very positive. Be strong in faith and stay mentally and physically active. There’s no doubt my faith in Jesus has guided my path to healing.

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

11 years after aggressive cancer. I'm minus one anus and plus one ostomy bag, add a hernia and some other lovely problems, but I'm here! And you can be too. Eat right, exercise, do everything you can. You can't control the outcome, you only get to control the effort put into the outcome. Knock it out of the ballpark. You're worth it!

• Erica2016
    Erica2016 Member Posts: 47 Member
    Options

Yes stage 4 and 1 year NED.