Pluvicto

Options
GreatRowdy1
GreatRowdy1 Member Posts: 3 Member
edited April 18 in Prostate Cancer #1

I just finished first of six Pluvicto treatments. Out of isolation and haven't noticed any real bad side effects (yet). I recently finished a clinical study with Xtandi and a part inhibitor. PSA was 115 at beginning, went down ton3.2 then trended upwards. Doctor immediately got me on Pluvicto so we'll see how it goes.

I have the Bracha 2 gene mutation as well so not sure how this will play out.

Finally getting scared! Always heard that men due with prostate cancer, Not from it. Found out when I was 49, now 57 and hoping and praying for positive things to come!

Comments

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,327 Member
    edited November 2023 #2
    Options

So sorry that you 'caught' the disease so early!

Presumably your clinical trial had a PARP inhibitor as a component?

PARP Inhibitor for Certain Ovarian, Breast, Prostate and Pancreatic Cancers – LYNPARZA® (olaparib) (lynparzahcp.com)

It would be interesting to others if you provided some detail. What went right and what went wrong?

Regarding the mutation that you may be carrying; I guess its BRCA2?

BRCA Gene Mutations: Cancer Risk and Genetic Testing Fact Sheet - NCI

I hope that the next few Pluvicto sessions will go well for you. How were you feeling prior to treatment?

• GreatRowdy1
    GreatRowdy1 Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Thanks Old Salt. I am not totally familiar with all of the abbreviations....

The clinical study was a success in my opinion. We weren't sure if I was on a placebo with Xtandi or the real deal. My PSA went from 115 a year and a half prior to 3.2 before doubling to 8.2. Still better than the 115 at beginning so I was unblinded to find out what I was on. I was on the Parp inhibitor.

At that point my oncologist from the study had me scanned for the Pluvicto. I did qualify and 1st session went well and especially against how I felt during chemo. I only made three sessions of chemo and each time I ended up in the hospital (abscess on my intestines).

They wanted to remove part of my intestines but I refused. I'd done everything the doctors recommended (SOC) and everything failed. Thank God my wife found the clinical trial, I was throwing in the towel after chemo.

btw- I believe the site she finds these studies is on clinicaltrials.gov if not mistaken.

• centralPA
    centralPA Member Posts: 243 Member
    Options

I’ve known on the Internet a number of people who have had great success with Pluvicto. Hoping you’ll be the next!

• Momschooling
    Momschooling Member Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Was this the Zen with xtandi trial by any chance? My husband did that with not good results unfortunately, now it's chemo time. We are also worried about side effects, but they won't let him try pluvicto until he does chemo.

• rchesnut
    rchesnut Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Very much interested in hearing about experiences with Pluvicto treatments. I'll be starting it on 3/19/24

• pmilz
    pmilz Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

hope your next treatment goes well. My boyfriend is starting his on the 24th of April. He’s 54 and diagnosed at 51 with stage 4.

• eddiej
    eddiej Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I’m curious how your treatments went. Did you have positive results? I just had my first treatment on April 12 and the only side effects were nausea and diarrhea for 5 days and labs are still to be done.

• pmilz
    pmilz Member Posts: 3 Member
    Options

I'm glad to hear your side effects were minimal. My boyfriend gets his first treatment day after tomorrow. It cant come soon enough. It took way too long between his last chemo and this Pluvicta . His PSA has gone up to 269 now. I'm eager to hear how your labs are after the first treatment. Are your side effects still the same?