Can yellow vaginal discharge be a sign of recurrence?

Options
Momschooling
Momschooling Member Posts: 106 Member
edited October 2023 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

I know bleeding and spotting can, I am hoping this is just some kind of low estrogen problem/over doing after a move, but my hysterectomy was Jan 2022 and I have had the cuff for a long time. I am going to be getting checked soon however I am just looking for some assurance this doesn't sound like any kind of recurrence.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Momschooling, I would suggest calling the doctor's office and say you want to get it checked out. Since I had brachy I get a lot of pink of the dialator and it was not uncommon for me to call and say, "hey, can I come in?" and it was never a problem because they understand.

Please check in with them and let us know how it goes.

• Momschooling
    Options

I am going in next week, but I was wondering if this could be a sign of a recurrence or only blood is a sign?

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Hi Momschooling. I have had vaginal discharge sometimes during my 5 years NED. I have never read about vaginal discharge without blood being a sign of recurrence. BUT you asked could it? And since we know there are no set rules about this cancer, it probably can. But unlikely. There are lots of other causes of vaginal discharge. If it has an odor it can be in infection. Good luck with your exam.

• Momschooling
    Options

That's good to know, I have never had any at all except when I had granulation 3 months post op. It's not an infection I am certain as it has no signs of that. I am relieved to hear it's unlikely to be some type of recurrence.