Keytruda, ChRCC, pT3a, pNO(0/8), LO, V1, RO, two doctors, two opposing recommendations

Options
Tumourhumour
Tumourhumour Member Posts: 3 Member
edited October 2023 in Kidney Cancer #1

Hi everyone,

I need help making a decision.

The tumourboards recommendation: one year Keytruda on account of my young age, size of tumour, a lack of studies showing no/negative impact of Keytruda on ChRCC and Keytruda being the only available adjuvant treatment.

The oncologists recommendation: no therapy with Keytruda on account of a lack of studies showing a positive impact of Keytruda on ChRCC and possible side effects.

What do I do?

I know ChRCC is rare, I know of all available studies, I understand where both recommendations come from, I understand possible risks and side effects but I am neither an oncologist nor a member of a tumourboard so how am I expected to make an informed and life-changing decision?

I don't know what to do.

Comments

• eug91
    eug91 Member Posts: 471 Member
    Options

It's not a clear-cut/easy decision. I was clear cell, but my doctor was the same as yours - he recommended against the adjuvant therapy. He would have done it if I had insisted, but I trusted his advice that there isn't enough evidence to support it.

That being said, I'm pretty certain some people here did get the adjuvant therapy. Hopefully one of them will chime in.