35 yrs old just had a baby less then 2 years ago

Options
mcala88
mcala88 Member Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2023 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Hi there,

I am 35. I had a baby girl about 20 months ago and also have a 4 year old son.

Soon after having my daughter and getting my period back I started having pretty heavy periods.

I do have a history of heavy periods but these are pretty bad. I did think it was normal because I had a VBAC and had no experience of vaginal birth before this. They are not longer then 6 days, and the heaviest is day 2-3.

Well - this past Monday I went and got an ultrasound. The doctor said I had "fluid and debris" in my uterus with a thicker lining. (however, I am 9 days from my period) \

They are sending me for a hysteroscopy in 3 weeks. Im terrified because literally everything I look up is uterine cancer, and I know I need to be patient but when I looked at the ultrasound - anything I google looks like cancer. doctor is not worried becuase of my age - but anyone can get cancer. Im not looking for a diagnosis. I guess im just trying to find some support.

thank you

Comments

• zsazsa1
    zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member
    Options

Very, very unlikely that this is cancer. You are young. not yet in menopause, probably everything is going to be fine. I never counsel ignorance, I'm always in support of internet research, but in this case, your best bet is to just stop researching, and immerse yourself in the pleasure of caring for your two young children.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

mcala88, I would suggest you stop looking at Dr Google right now and let the doctors decide what is going on. You are lucky you have one so proactive, so if anything needs to be done it sounds like you have someone who is pretty sharp.

Yes, anyone can get cancer but a lot of things turn out NOT to be cancer, so please take a breath. I agree with zsazsa, go and love on your beautiful kids right now.

• Prayer2023
    Prayer2023 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

The best answer I have for you is not to rush to judgement! Easy for me to say, right! It turned out I have Endometrial Adenocarcinoma Stage 1A, Grade 3. Ended up having a total hysterectomy. My pathology report showed no residual cancer! THANK YOU LORD! My oncologist was okay with no treatment and checkups every three months. Not that it couldn’t have been worse, but I allowed myself to have way too much anxiety… There is a whole hell of a lot of hope!!