Melanoma

Options
Varnik
Varnik Member Posts: 1 *

Hello

Im new here. Was diagnosed with Stage 2B melanoma May 2023. I had a cyst on my scalp that was melanoma. Did surgery and removed alot of tissue from my scalp (22 staples and 4 stitches). My pet scan showed no other cancer. I started immunotherapy (Keytrunda?) in August 2023. I was doing great and then had a ct scan early October 2023. A 1.3 cm lesion was found one the edge of my liver which turned out to be melanoma. I go in for a MRI of the brain tomorrow ( Friday).

The plan is to continue on the Keytruda for my next treatment, then do another CT scan and then decide if we will add another drug to my treatment.

Thanks for listening.

Comments

• AllaninAtlanta
    AllaninAtlanta Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Hey Varnik, seems like you are having an experience that’s a couple of years behind me. I had a spot on my shoulder than turned out to be Melanoma. Had it removed and tested a few lymph nodes. Nothing was showing so started pretty regular checkups. Fast forward a few years and I thought I had covid. Long story but my cancer was in my brain and lungs. 2 years ago I spent about a month in the hospital and went through 10 rounds of chemotherapy. That was 2 years ago. Since the. My doctors have shrunk the Tumors by 95% and I’m doing really well. This might have been a death sentence 30 years ago but modern medicine is truly a miracle from god. If you ever want to talk to someone just let me know.