5 years no recurrence uterine serous with isolated cells in sentinel node

Options
zsazsa1
zsazsa1 Member Posts: 565 Member
edited December 2023 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Just had my 5 year anniversary, no evidence of recurrence. Had a total hysterectomy for uterine serous/clear cell, staged at 1a with tumor in fundus, but had isolated tumor cells in one of two sentinel nodes sampled.

Had 6 rounds of chemo (cisplatin, taxol, herceptin) followed by IMRT pelvic radiation (not just vaginal cuff). So far, no recurrence.

I come back on here on the anniversary to post, since I found hope and support here from those who had been through it, or were going through it.

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

zsazsa1, so good to hear from you and congratulations! Lots of folks need to hear this now and as they scroll through the years.

I hope you do something to celebrate.

• Forherself
    Forherself Member Posts: 966 Member
    Options

Yes so good to hear from you! So happy to hear your good news too! It is so helpful to return. I remember coming here in the beginning and how helpful it was to read stories of the women who had gone before us.

• oldbeauty
    oldbeauty Member Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Hello, zsazsa1! Wonderful to see your name come up again. Great news! Thanks for sharing. Best wishes, Oldbeauty

• MoeKay
    MoeKay Member Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Hi zsazsa1, thanks for checking in and sharing your great news! Five years NED is such a fantastic anniversary! Keep those good reports coming!!

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

Congrats, ZsaZsa1. Good to hear from you .

• BluebirdOne
    BluebirdOne Member Posts: 656 Member
    Options

Hi Zsazsa1,

So glad to hear from you! Congrats on the great news. We came on the board about the same time and it is always gratifying to hear from 5 year survivors. We miss you on the board!

xxoo

Denise

• Prayer2023
    Prayer2023 Member Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Praying I can post the same thing in five years! So happy for you!

• Wannabeatit
    Wannabeatit Member Posts: 100 Member
    Options

Recognize all these names on this thread. Congrats zsazsa1. I was also at the 5 year mark back in May. Wonderful to see so many others there too.

• jan9wils
    jan9wils Member Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Best news ever! Congratulations zsazsa1!

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

Zsazsa1,

So happy to hear your good news!

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
  • Ribbons
    Ribbons Member Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Good to know you are still doing great, we started on here about the same time. I’m doing fine too!