Another Spouses Story ILC Stage 4

Options
Riksnewlife
Riksnewlife Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2023 in Emotional Support #1

We started our journey with a marriage proposal at 55 for both of us in Chamonix France. Then married in So Cal. She was diagnosed 6 months before the wedding with ILC that had spread to a large mass in her lymph system under her arm pit. After surgeries and a lumpectomy we prepared for the wedding getting infusions and picking out wigs. Following chemo radiation and surgery things somewhat stabilized on I Branz and a few others.

She is an amazing tenacious cancer fighter competing in tennis tournaments and working and succeeding. About 2 years into it we found it had spread to her ureter and almost lost a kidney from it. ILC infiltrates the fibers so its not the typical tumor and a challenge to get biopsies to find mutations after some arguing with multiple doctors they attempted to remove some of the infiltration and got a biopsy. The finding was a mutation and therapy was switched to Capecitabine.

Theres so much in between like what I thought was a near death obstruction in her small intestines which doctors were convinced was metastasized but were still not sure and in the process of trying to find evidence of it. etc etc But the markers that tripled dropped finally on xeloda.

With constant anxiety that she will pass in the night next to me or I wont be there at the end is always in the back of my mind. Fighting with doctors sleeping in hospital chairs staring at her in pain is taking a toll. Shes been possibly hiding the severity from her kids keeping them at bay but that's a personal choice.

On to the next roller coaster drop waiting to see if the car stays on the track or if the ride is over so you really do find a way to enjoy each moment of the ride.