Neuropathy

Options
Chanda25
Chanda25 Member Posts: 4 Member
edited October 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

I was diagnosed with stage 2 invasive ductal cell carcinoma in June 2022. I received 4 cycles of chemo, last cycle was in December and started Anastrozole at the end of December. I experienced very minimal neuropathy to my fingers during treatment, but for the past few weeks I have been experiencing extensive neuropathy in my right hand. I mentioned this at my last oncology appointment and my oncologist attributed it to carpal tunnel, but did not seem concerned. I have since read about a link between Anastrozole and carpal tunnel. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Comments

• Shaldeman22
    Shaldeman22 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I was diagnosed with stage 3 ductal carcinoma had chemo from Dec 19 until May 4th of 2023 two different types during I noticied some neuropathy some in hands and feet mine wasnt extensive hands returned still some in feet had bilateral Mastectomy in June two lymph nodes positive had sentinel lymphnode disection 4-5 week wait 25 sessions of radiation and 5 years of anastrozole to be on and if I cant tolerate the drug they can switch me off to another one. My oncologist was only concerned if my neuropathy symptoms got worse he would of stopped the treatment.If your symptoms get worse see if the doctor can switch you.Im finding some more joint pain in the hands and wrist. Moderate fatigue from the past treatments can last 6-12 months after treatment has ended. Ive been on U tube checking doctors for neuropathy.

• EmpressSammi
    EmpressSammi Member Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I didn't start developing neuropathy till i was on Taxerol. It started in my feet, the second treatment it was in my hands. After my first i ended up going to the emergency room, the pain was so intense that it felt as if i was being hit by sledgehammer. There really wasn't much they could do for me. My oncologist told me to keep a journal of it. I was prescribed gabapentin for it. Mostly it is on my right side as well, with a little on my left. I also experienced bone pain, impulses that would have my legs jump. Keep talking to your care team and keep a journal of whats going on with you.