• RickLeon
    RickLeon Member Posts: 10 Member
    Options

Thanks O Salt,

Thanks makes good sense.

• hunter49
    hunter49 Member Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Hey Rick how are you doing. Just finished week 3 of radiation and 1st week of Orgovyx. So far all ok

• RickLeon
    Options

Hi Hunter,

Thanks for thinking about me, I'd like to follow your progress since our situation is similar. Glad to hear things are going well! You're about half way there! I hope you finish strong.

I'll get my next PSA reading next Friday Nov 10th, then meet with my doctor the following Tuesday. We'll make final decisions on ADT and radiation, but most likely I'll stick to the plan for 38 Salvage radiation treatments starting Jan 2nd. I may be able to get a PSMA Pet scan in December. In the mean time, like yourself I'm working hard on nutrition, weight training, and overall health.

Please keep me posted. I'm interested in side effects.

Best regards

Rick

• hunter49
    Options

Hey Rick have 12 treatments left on radiation biggest pain is the traveling 45 minutes each way. Not bad at all with being tired sometime nap for 10 or 15 minutes late afternoon early evening. Still hunting many day up at 445. Today is one month on Orgovyx (should be called balls b gone) No bad side effects few hot flashes usually between 5 and 7 am few mid of night last about a minute never had more than 3 in a day. Muscle mass ok actually lost weight no real sex drive and a little and very little softening around mid section. Very tolerable. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving

• RickLeon
    Options

Thanks for the update Hunter!

Sounds good! Except for the sex drive and "balls be gone" :-).

I started hormone therapy last week, 6 month injection Eligard. No symptoms yet but too early . Still working out twice a week at the Huntsman Cancer Institute Integrated Health center. Trainers are great! Radiation starts Jan 2nd. PSMA PET scan Dec 11th.

Only 12 treatments! You're almost home free!

Regards

Rick

• hunter49
    Options

I do the pills. I have been taking fennel tea daily at night. It simulates estrogen and for men on hormone drugs it reduces hot flashes and other side effects without the negative issues of estrogen shots. I have 12 more radiation treatments and not sure if I am doing more than 3 months of HT