Glioblastoma with changing behavior

Options
aimeeb
aimeeb Member Posts: 2 *

Hi all. My mother in law was diagnosed with glioblastoma back in November 2022. A few months back she started getting really confused and would call myself if her son anywhere between 30-70 times in a 8-hour period, as if she just couldn’t remember calling and speaking with us. Every week thereafter things were only getting worse

Fast forward to the present. About 2-weeks ago we had to place her in an assisted facility because we both work all day and she was at the point she couldn’t be left alone. She was really bad when we moved her into the facility and stayed that way the first week and then lo and behold, this past week, she is literally back to her old self…..mind you, we haven’t seen the old person in probably 5-6 months) she went from calling us continuously, asking what she should be doing and where she was, etc., back to her former self.

we’re trying to figure out what is going on. Her next scan is in a week but her behavior has totally changed for the good. Everyone is flabbergasted at the sudden change. basically, if she were like she is now when we moved her tk the facility, we would’ve never moved her my mind is blown

has anyone experienced this with their loved one?

Comments

• aimeeb
    aimeeb Member Posts: 2 *
    Options

It’s been 8 days now that she has acted just about like her old self.