8 months post radiation and Cyberknife and 3 months post 12 months firmagon

Options
hungarian
hungarian Member Posts: 18 Member
edited October 2023 in Prostate Cancer #1

Husband just recently finished treatment for prostate cancer with me. Gleason score was 8. Starting PSA was 2.8 before treatment. 3 months past Cyber PSA was .044. 6 months past Cyber PSA is .064. Does this indicate a concerning rise? And is there a need to worry? Messaged urologist and he said to come back and test in 6 to 8 weeks rather than 3 months.

Comments

• Old Salt
    Old Salt Member Posts: 1,327 Member
    edited October 2023 #2
    Options

No reason for concern.

PSA results will jump around quite a bit after radiation therapy. As long as the result doesn't go over nadir + 2, there no reason to worry.

Has you husband had his testosterone tested? Hopefully, it will be back in the 'normal' range (for his age).

• hungarian
    Options

Thank you for the rapid response! Testosterone was just tested but hasn’t quite gotten to a normal range as of yet. He is an amazingly resilient person though. We are hanging in there.

• hungarian
    Options

Hi.

Husband is 5 months post HRT firmagon and Radiation and Cyberknife. PSA was just at .024 last week. Still having burning during urination. Urologist says that is to be expected. However, my husband just told me that he noticed bleeding upon urination yesterday . Obviously we will contact our doctor tomorrow, but is this a common thing? Just trying to keep him calm and myself as well.