Night Anxiety - A first!

Options
margania
margania Member Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2023 in Breast Cancer #1

I had such a bout of anxiety last night….it was frightening. I’ve had some fears in the early mornings on and off since my diagnosis journey started three weeks ago.

But I couldn’t shake it…my chest was tightened and my body wouldn’t release the fear…I tried deep breathing…a meditation tool, watching a favorite series, and eating a Hagen Daz bar (I thought I could distract myself with a favorite treat)…but it persisted…I finally was able to fall asleep.

i have two surgical consults tomorrow so I believe these meetings are the triggers.

I have someone driving me and joining me for my first meeting…now I’m thinking I may need a buddy for my second consult….or at least a plan B after my meeting as opposed to driving directly home from the city.

Just chatting about it helps.

Phyllis

Comments

• 2Pain4
    2Pain4 Member Posts: 1 *
    Options

Hi Phyllis

I don’t know what to really say except I have been there. You just can’t get it out of your mind no matter what you do. You pray that this will pass soon and that the next day will somehow be better. It’s good that you are coming up with a plan for your 2nd consult. There is nothing like having the support you need and having someone near your side through this.

Praying for good consults for you

Bridget

• margania
    margania Member Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Thank you! There’s not much to say…it would be wonderful not to have this in my HOWEVER…here I am.

I appreciate the reply it helps not to feel so alone in it all.

Phyllis

• laurenlant531
    laurenlant531 Member Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Hi Phyllis, I'm not sure if you've ever tried participating in mindfulness or meditation for anxiety, but it is known to help. The following link provides more information and also includes some recordings of guided meditations you may benefit from

https://www.mindful.org/meditation/mindfulness-getting-started/